Saturday, April 28, 2007

Your Money Thermostat- Is It Stuck?

What's your "money thermostat" set to?

Interesting question, huh?

At last Thursday's MasterMind meeting, Dr. Joe Vitale passed out copies of "The Millionaire Mind" by T. Harv Eker.

It's really making me look at my beliefs about money.

Ol' T. Harv makes the case that everybody has a money thermostat that governs how much money we allow ourselves to make. It's something we learn from our parents, usually.

I haven't finished the book, yet, but I hope he also looks at the other thermostats we have- happiness thermostats, health and weight thermostats, relationship thermostats...

The bad news is that we're pretty much a bundle of conditioned responses. According to Napoleon Hill, and I've seen no data that refutes this, by the time we're fifteen, we're programmed.

Unless we make a conscious effort to intelligently reprogram ourselves, we're stuck with the beliefs, conditioning, and thermostats that we're given as children.

The good news is that we CAN reprogram ourselves.

This is something I've been working on for over a year. My money thermostat was set at about whatever my bills for each month happened to be. I used to be pretty smug about the fact the universe took such good care of me.

The problem was that I could never get ahead. If I needed a few hundred bucks to pay a bill, it would (apparently) appear out of nowhere- but not a penny more. I was stuck.

Looking back, I can reverse engineer this phenomenon. My dad was the same way. His dad was the same way. It's a learned behavior.

I decided to "unlearn" it.

I had some added baggage. I'm an old hippie. There. I admit it. There's a lot about the counter culture I still embrace- mostly ecological and social issues.

It can be very conflicting.

There is a part of me that would be perfectly happy in a Buddhist monastery, with my personal material wealth consisting of a bowl, a saffron robe, and a library card.

There's another part of me that wants that Mercedes Benz and a villa in Northern Italy.

What finally turned me around was the discovery that we live in an infinite universe. The universe has unlimited wealth. I can reprogram my internal thermostats to allow any amount of money, happiness, and bliss I want.

That changes everything.

Just by changing my internal beliefs about money, I've managed to increase my income by an order of magnitude in less than a year.

Joe and I have been putting together the Milagro Manifestation Method to help you have, do and be anything you want. It's the most powerful mind reprogramming program that's ever been created.

It damn sure worked for me.

Take a look at your thermostats. How much money have you allowed yourself to make? How much happiness have you allowed yourself to have?

It's all up to you, you know.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home